Part I, What's the plan? How do I learn about it and how do I fit in? Life Direction I wants to provide Direction and Perspective to people who hunger for God and strive to live a life over which God's "well done you true and faithful servant" will be spoken.
Following Jesus. Just do it? It's not that difficult. Or is it? Well? Applying the truth of the Bible to everyday life; sure, but how to connect these better?
What does God want from us? A holy life? A life of worship? To get to the finish line with as little sin as possible? To struggle through life with issues, pains and trials? A life of poverty? To die on the mission field? The list could be next to endless!
How do I understand God’s will for my life? What are my gifts and talents and how do I use those best? Hearing His voice and obeying Him seems so unattainable and abstract. What to do? Just do something and hope that God blesses it? How do you involve God in making choices and important decisions on a day to day basis?
If you are interested in finding answers that will help you on Monday morning in class, at work or at home, then Life Direction is for you! Life Direction tackles these and other questions in a practical and down to earth way. Small group interaction, individual assignments and challenging, eye-opening teaching will result in a number of "aha" moments, deepen your understanding, and expand your horizon
In seven sessions the following topics will be explored in an engaging, interactive way.
1. VISIONGOD’S MYSTERIOUS PLAN THROUGHOUT THE AGES Outcome: You will understand in a new way the purpose that God has with the world. What did God have in mind when He started this “thing”? What is He up to and what does this have to do with me? How does His vision, or dream, affect my dreams and visions?
2. CALLINGWHY AM I HERE? Outcome: You will have a deeper understanding of the connection between being (identity) and doing (achieving). You understand why you are on this planet and grasp the concept of being sent by Jesus to do the things He came to do. You will also understand 1) that your sense of fulfillment in life needs to be rooted in God’s plan and 2) that everyone has a mission.
3. RELATINGWHY I RELATE WELL TO SOME PEOPLE AND DON’T SEEM TO GET ALONG WITH OTHERS Outcome: With the help of a personal test you will better understand your temperament and how this affects how you relate to others.
4. REVELATIONGOD’S WILL FOR MY LIFE. HOW DOES GOD REVEAL HIS WILL? Outcome: You will have a better understanding of how God deals with us as individuals, and gain a deeper insight in the various dynamics involved in knowing God’s will. The principles that are presented will enable you to have a better understanding of how God leads you.
5. CONDITIONTHE ROAD TO AUTHENTIC FOLLOWERSHIP Outcome: You will understand that, in order for God to deal with you in a deeper way, room needs to be created. Hidden sins, disobedience, hatred, hurt etc. are often in the way. You will also understand that action needs to be taken. This session will provide the time and opportunity to do so.
6. TOOLSDISCOVER AND USE YOUR GIFTS Outcome: You will understand 1) that God has given gifts to every believer, 2) the purpose of the gifts and 3) how they can be used. The discovering of one’s gifts makes you more determined to serve God and the body of Christ.
7. DIRECTIONYOUR TASK, GIVEN BY GOD: WHAT, WHERE, WHEN? Outcome: A start is made to write down directions for your life, resulting in a personal mission statement.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.